Being a Seattle girl, I have always known how lucky we were to have gorgeous Washington State fruit at our fingertips. In the fall it’s all about apples and in the summer it is stone fruit that charms our taste buds and fills our table.
Everything from cherries and apricots in early summer, and now the peaches and nectarines are my absolute passion! I was so excited when the Washington State Fruit Board sent me this AMAZING package. The smell of the gorgeous ripe fruit was enough to get me so inspired and I hopped right into the kitchen to get to work making a bunch of beautiful recipes.
One of my very favorites was this beautiful Spicy White Peach Lemonade.
Juicy sweet Washington State white peaches and fresh spicy red chili bring a whole new life to old fashioned homemade lemonade. Sweet, sour and a subtle spiciness is the most delicious and exciting way to enjoy summer sipping! You will surprise and delight friends and family with this incredible combination. Enjoy!
Recipe: Spicy White Peach Lemonade
- 2 large white peaches, quartered and pit removed
- 1 red Fresno chili, thinly sliced
- 1 cup of sugar
- 2 cups of water
- 1 cup of fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2 cups water
- White peach and lemon slices for garnish
- In a medium pot over medium heat, bring the peaches, chili, sugar and water to a simmer for 5 minutes until the sugar has dissolved and the peaches have softened.
- Transfer the contents to the jar of a blender and puree on high until you have a smooth peach puree. Set aside to cool.
- When the peach puree has cooled, pour it into a pitcher filled with ice.
- Add the lemon juice and the water and stir well.
- Keep chilled and pour over ice. Garnish with the peach and lemon slices to serve.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 5 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 8