Grilled Bone In Rib-Eye Steak with Chimichurri Sauce
I had the overwhelming urge to do some cooking last night. Being as tired as I am lately, this was a welcome surprise to me, and to my family! I made those eggplant and goat cheese roll-ups from last week (I can’t get enough of those). I also made a green salad, grilled corn on the cob, and I decided to grill a serious cut of meat. I love a bone in Rib-eye. I know that they have a decent amount of fat on them, as well as that big bone-but that is really where the amazing flavor comes from.
The chimichurri sauce is probably not very authentic, but it is my version. Fresh, garlicky and a little spicy, this is a great condiment for steak, fish or chicken, a good one to have in the repertoire. Enjoy!
Grilled Bone In Rib-Eye Steak
-2 Large Bone In Rib-Eye Steaks (about 12-16oz each)
-Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
1) Bring the steak out, and bring to room temp, (about 20-30 minutes). Meanwhile, heat the grill to medium heat. While the grill is heating, drizzle the steaks with olive oil, and generously sprinkle with kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper.
2) Put the steaks on the back of the grill (the hottest part), and shut the lid. Let the steaks cook for about 4-5 for medium-rare, and 5-6 minutes per side for medium.
3) Take the steaks off the grill when they are done to your desired doneness, and let them rest for 5 minutes.
4) Cut the steak off of the bone, and then slice it into ½” thick pieces and arrange on a platter.
5) Serve with the chimichurri sauce drizzled on the top, and on the side.
-4 garlic cloves, smashed
-1 large green jalapeno, rough chopped
-1 large bunch of flat leaf parsley, the bottom stems chopped off
-2 Tbs fresh oregano, picked from the stem
-2 limes, juiced
-¼ cup olive oil
-3 Tbs red wine vinegar
1) Put everything in a food processor, and pulse until the mixture is a consistent texture. It should not be smooth, but should be pureed to a somewhat fine texture.
2) Season with kosher salt to taste. This can be made early in the day and refrigerated after covering with plastic wrap.Print Recipe