Pie Crust complete with a photo tutorial featuring Coco and my mom!
Best Pie Crust, makes enough for 2 pies/tarts, or 1 double sided pie
-2 1/4 cups flour
-2 Tbs sugar
-½ tsp of salt
-½ cup butter, very cold and cut into pieces
-1/2 cup crisco
-1/3 cup ice water
1) In a food processor add the Flour, sugar and salt.
2) Pulse to combine and then add the butter and the crisco.
3) Pulse until the dough resembles coarse crumbs.
4) Add the water a little at a time and pulse until the dough comes together, (you don’t have to use all of it if it comes together with less)
5) Empty the dough onto a sheet of wax paper.
6) Gently press the dough into a disc, wrap it in the paper and chill for about 30 minutes.
7) Take half of the recipe for pie dough, and using a very small amount of flour, roll out the pie dough into a circle in between two sheets of wax paper.
8) Gently peel back one side of the wax paper and lay over a pie dish.
9) Use your hands to gently make sure that the pie dough has covered the sides of the pie dish and that you have a nice crust. Use your fingers to pinch the crust against the edge of the pie plate. Set aside when finished.
(Watch my mom in these pictures- she is a pro)