1. This is the last thing I will say about the Superbowl, which did technically happen since last Saturday Stuff. It was freaking awesome. Go Hawks!!
2. On Tuesday I went to my niece Sophia’s first grade class and talked with the children about being a writer. It was the cutest thing ever and I loved it. I brought in dozens of my coffee stained notebooks so that they could see the process I have of writing recipes, and then all of the old manuscripts from my book. Since I still don’t really think of myself as a writer, it was a weird moment where I became kind of validated in my work by explaining it to 6 and 7 year olds. Also, their teacher Mrs. Evans was adorable. Teachers have quite a job, I can’t believe how patient they are.
3. Pete took two trips this week, (and has consistently for the last few weeks) so we have been having a ton of girl time. But I will be honest, I kind of trick them into going to bed really early and then I veg out by myself. Does anyone else do things like this?
4. I am not sure what to say about the Olympics. I think it is sad and bizarre that things are so bad in Sochi. Like really bad. Check out these images. Did anyone else see that tap water those athletes are dealing with? I don’t know if I have told you guys this before, but I lived in Russia for a period of time when I was young and it was at a really rough time in their national history (think 1991-1992). Ummmm, it doesn’t seem like that much has changed in a lot of ways. I feel like the whole thing is so strange and not nearly as exciting as the Olympics usually is, the whole thing seems to have a cloud over it. (In the past I have been an addict). I just cringed when that last snowflake had a glitch and didn’t turn into the 5th Olympic ring! Like I wanted to crawl under the bed. Tell me what you think of all this Sochi Business and the Russian Choir singing Get Lucky.
5. It is Freezing Cold. I know everyone feels the exact same way no matter where you live. Unless you live in California. Follow me on instagram and I will take a bunch of pictures of the snow we are supposed to have Saturday morning. Oh, and I am making these pancakes for my family to keep there bellies warm.
7. Missy (Wilbur’s mom) is staying with us for a few days. Boy, I thought all this time that Wilbur was obsessed with her and that is why he is all over her. Turns out he has a bad case of jelly belly. If I even touch her or talk to her, he goes beserk- it’s really fun for me to hear him puppy screaming at everyone all day long. Just kidding- it’s not fun.
Ok- recipes that are making me bonkers this week:
10. Chocolate Frosted Raised Donuts with Crunchy Kettle Potato Chips from Jessica. Whaaaaattttt!? Yes please!
ok. that’s all! Check back in tomorrow for gluten free, dairy free, egg free, sugar free (wow!) Chocolate Brownie Mug Cake. (yes, it is still delicious!)Print Recipe