Do you guys remember how much I love shishito peppers? L-O-V-E them. Truly.
So, now that they are back on the shelves at Trader Joes, I had to scoop up a few bags and make something tasty for you!
Lucky for me, I am getting to team up with WOLF Gourmet again! And this is probably the most excited I have been YET! And listen guys, you know I very rarely work with brands, so when I do, I am really and truly sharing something with you that I love and believe in. So to go with my obsession with shishito peppers today, I also share with you something else I L-O-V-E and am obsessed with.
Today we are talking pots and pans. Well, that feels like a huge understatement- Wolf Gourmet has launched the most incredible set of cookware, and these are not just your average pots and pans. This cookware is over-the-top amazing. I have been cooking with it for the last month and it has replaced most of my go to pots and pans.
They cook so evenly and then three of my favorite features are:
1) The handles do not get hot when the pots and pans do!
2) There is a curved lip to them so that when you pour sauces or anything else from them, they don’t drip down the sides of the pots and pans! (SO SMART)
3) There is a curve at the bottom of the pot that perfectly fits the way a spoon would scrape along the bottom. If there was a 90 degree angle then the spoon does not easily scrape up the extra sauce. (IT’S GENIUS)
Because WOLF Gourmet also wants to make sure that you get a chance to try this amazing cookware out, I get to select one of my favorite pieces from their 10-piece collection and offer it up to one of you!
I chose the 3.5 quart saucepan with lid. I use it all the time. I cook chicken in it, I make sauces (especially tomato sauce) and cook shellfish. I also sauté vegetables that will need a little liquid to help them along like broccoli and like these shishito peppers!
If you would like to sign up to win one of these beautiful saucepans ($329.00 value) leave a comment below letting me know what your favorite pasta sauce is. Please use a valid email address that you check regularly (like every day). I will announce the winner on Friday morning April 8th at 9am PT. You must be 18 years or older and reside in the 50 United States. We are unable to ship to P.O. Boxes. I will email the winner and if they don’t respond within 48 hours then I will select a new winner. Good Luck!!
Deborah is our winner!!!
Submitted on 2016/04/05 at 10:36 am
Such a gorgeous pan and a great giveaway. I’d make a classic slow cooked tomato sauce in this pan.
**While WOLF Gourmet supplied me with products to review and product to give away, all opinions expressed here are completely my own.
- 2 teaspoons peeled, minced ginger
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons harrisa
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 12 ounces shishito peppers
- ⅓ cup mirin
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- In the jar of a blender, add the ginger, garlic, harrisa, maple syrup, rice vinegar and sesame oil. Puree until smooth and season to taste with kosher salt.
- In a large saucepan over high heat, add the oil. When the oil is shimmering hot, add the peppers. Cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring often and then add the mirin. It will bubble and steam, and then put the lid on the pan. Let the peppers steam for another 2 minutes.
- Remove the lid and add the sauce, stirring well until the peppers are soft, about another 2 minutes.
- Transfer the tender shishito peppers to a serving dish and sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds.