I have partnered with I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter! to bring you an awesome plant-based dessert THAT’S GRILLED (wow!) made with their new It’s Vegan buttery spread.
I know summer is winding down (cue the tears!) but are you guys still grilling like crazy? I know I am! Anytime I can get away with it, I like to be outside. And whether you are cooking for your family or for a crowd, grilling definitely makes things SO much easier and delicious!
So I’m not stopping at the grilled entreés —I’m grilling my dessert too! Doesn’t that sound like a good idea?! We are still in the thick of stone fruit season, and grilled stone fruit is up there on the list of “best stuff ever.”
I had the most gorgeous selection of ripe plums, peaches and apricots in my produce drawer so I decided to use those. I just pop them on the BBQ for a few minutes until they get soft and have those great char marks on them. Then you can pile them on top of the vegan ice cream of your choice (I chose chocolate, coffee and vanilla flavors)!
But then things really get interesting when you top all of that delicious ice cream and grilled stone fruit with a big drizzle of Vegan Salted Caramel Sauce. Actually drizzle is the wrong word. Glug? Pour? Something like that is probably more accurate for me. I like to just keep a vat of this caramel next to my sundae and liberally douse each bite. I’m not kidding.
I teamed up with I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter! And used their new It’s Vegan buttery spread to create this vegan caramel sauce – a golden sugary masterpiece! Just add a little unsweetened coconut cream, brown sugar, vanilla and salt and you will get a treat that you can use in so many ways (in tarts, vegan milkshakes, on ice cream- or just by the spoonful!!) I like to make a double recipe and keep it in the fridge in a mason jar for all of my caramel emergencies.
If you are not vegan or dairy intolerant, I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter! has also come out with It’s Organic which would also work well in this recipe.
To find more from I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!, visit their website, Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest or Twitter accounts (insert links).
This post was brought to you by I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!, but all thoughts are my own. Thank you so much for supporting the sponsors that allow me to create content like this for HeatherChristo.com!
- 2 peaches cut into thick wedges
- 2 plums cut into thick wedges
- 4 apricots cut in half
- Vegan Ice Cream (I used vanilla, chocolate and coffee flavors)
- Vegan Salted Caramel Sauce:
- 1 ¼ cups brown sugar
- ¼ cup I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter! It’s Vegan
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- For the Vegan Salted Caramel Sauce:
- In a saucepan, combine I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter! It’s Vegan, brown sugar, coconut cream, vanilla and salt. Whisk together and bring to a simmer over medium-high heat, cooking for about 8 minutes. Set aside to cool and thicken up.
- For the Grilled Stone Fruit:
- Heat grill to medium-high heat and place the stone fruit directly on the grill, cooking them for about 1 minute on each side until the fruit softens and you have char marks on each side. Set aside.
- Scoop ice cream into a dish and then pile the stone fruit onto the ice cream. Spoon the caramel generously over the ice cream and fruit. Serve immediately.
Leave a Comment
I just love grilled desserts. And what an awesome way to use late Summer peaches! Looks amazing, Heather! That caramel sauce is spoon-licking good!
This looks unreal!! Such a perfect way to use fresh peaches this season!
OH. MY. GOODNESS. This looks like heaven!
I love love love grilled peaches! Can’t believe that caramel is vegan – MUST try.
Oh grilled fruit is my fav! I bet that buttery caramel sauce is literally AWESOME-SAUCE! haha
WOW!!!! Can i face plant in that big bowl of gorgeous fruit and ice cream?? Oh and I’ll take the caramel sauce with a straw please?