This dish was filched from Pia. It was 100% hers. She chose the flavors, ingredients and I just cooked it. She did the taste testing for salt. Everything. (In my version I add red pepper flakes to the mix for just the slightest bit of heat!) But it is still gluten free, dairy, egg, garlic and sugar free.
She also styled this shoot (which is adorable!!) I mean, she picked out the bowl and then went and found that napkin out of the “random cocktail napkin drawer.” Isn’t that funny!? The good news is that it was really very delicious. We ate it a few weeks ago on an exhausted Friday evening. Pete and I added a kale salad and a bottle of red wine to our meal…
To hear Pia’s take on this pasta and a hilarious (10 things I am loving about coming to LA!) check it out here !
Recipe: Pasta with Tomato Bacon Sauce- Gluten Free
- 1 lb rice spaghetti
- 4 strips Bacon
- 1 yellow onion, large diced
- 28 ounces crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Koshers salt
- Fresh parsley for garnish
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Put the rice pasta in and cook it to al dente according to the manufacturers directions.
- Ina large pan, cook the bacon until crispy and the fat is rendered. Remove the bacon from the pan and add the onions. Cook them until the onions are soft and translucent, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and red pepper lakes and cook over medium low heat for about 10 minutes.
- Put the contents of the sauce in the jar of a blender and puree on high. Season to taste with kosher salt.
- Put the sauce back in the pan and simmer until the pasta is ready. Toss the pasta with the sauce and season to taste with kosher salt. Serve hot.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 10 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 4