Summer is here and that means that my obsession with my inspiralizer is full-tilt right now.
I have been making zoodles non-stop for dinner lately and this past week I finally tackled what I have long suspected would be a favorite for me: sweet potatoes. First of all, I love them because they are just so firm that they make PERFECT noodles. Gorgeous bouncy orange noodles!
While I usually eat the zucchini noodles raw, I quickly saute the sweet potatoes until they are just barely tender and they still have a little bite to them so that they are a lot like normal noodles.
And then as I was trying to figure out what I was going to do with all of the beautiful rainbow chard that is growing in my garden, I decided that I would make a pesto from it. And instead of thickening the pesto with nuts, I went with tahini (another current obsession- sorry not sorry) which makes it creamy and a little rich, which is a wonderful compliment with the tart greenness of the chard and the sweetness of the noodles.
I also saved the raw stalks of the chard and finally chopped them for some color and crunch- it looked like rainbow confetti! Once the bachelor buttons were sprinkled on top I pretty much just couldn’t believe how pretty is. Then I ate it and kind of freaked out at how good it was, and then I ate the rest of it. All of it. Then I made it again for other people who loved it. So now I HAD to share it with you!
And because I love you so much and because I love my inspiralizer so much I am going to give one of you an inspiralizer! (which is my favorite brand of spiralizer) as well as a copy of Pure Delicious my new book which is chalk full of delicious healthy recipes!
This Giveaway is closed!! The winner is
|Jan Bookwalter||Oh I would love to spiralize the sweet potatoes. They are my new passion for the wonderful potassium and I too have allergies and sensitivities and am off wheat among many other foods.|
To sign up to win this inspiralizer, you just need to leave a comment and let me know what you would make with it! You have until Sunday June 26th at 12PM Pacific Time! (US residents only please) The winner will be chosen at random and announced Sunday evening! You have 24 hours to respond to the contact so use an email that you check! You can win EXTRA ENTRIES for taking a picture of Pure Delicious, you with the book or something that you made from the book or blog and post on any social media with the hashtag #puredelicious or tag me @HeatherChristo. I have been seeing so many gorgeous pictures of dishes that you guys have made and I want to see more!!
- 3 large peeled sweet potatoes turned into noodles (inspiralized)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt
- Creamy Rainbow Chard Pesto
- 1 large bunch rainbow chard, stems stripped and set aside
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 heaping tablespoons tahini
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- kosher salt
- In a blender, combine the chard leaves, garlic cloves, tahini, olive oil and vinegar and puree until creamy. If you need to, add a tablespoon of hot water. Season to taste with kosher salt and set aside.
- Finely chop the stems from the chard and set aside.
- Heat a pot over medium heat and add the olive oil. Add the noodles (there will be a lot of them!) and sprinkle liberally with kosher salt. Toss the noodles constantly, coating them with the olive oil. Stir while they cook to prevent sticking. It should be about 5 minutes to al dente. Transfer the noodles to a bowl and toss with the pesto and season to taste with kosher salt if desired. Sprinkle the noodles with the chard stems and serve immediately or at room temperature.